Friday, May 30, 2008
After a break out of the Lion City, I feel much better.

Went round Korea to Seoul, Daegu, Yongphyeong and Jeju, and I liked the country alot especially the landmarks there. Although Korea may seem to be a very high tech country where we thought there will be many high rise buildings and stuffs but actually, there is another side of Korea which are filled with magnificent mountains, beautiful islands and of course, the grand Han River. We are not able to see this in Singapore. This indeed is an eye-opener for me.

Another thing that surprised me are the Korean food. The koreans are a bunch of healthy people. We have to believe so as there are many examples to show - Sars never hit Korea and Korea has the lowest rate of stroke and touring around Korea, I hardly see any fat people. Just look at their daily meal - there must be a steamboat with beansprouts, cabbages, carrots and not forgetting kimchi with a dish like fish or meat..


But coming to the last few days, we have much better food ....
Authentic Bibimbap


Ginseng Chicken - We are given one claypot each worr..




The grand Han River that I mentioned earlier.

This is my room for one of the night. Hmm, In Korea, the people usually sleep on tatami mats like those lay out in the room. So dun be surprised when you cant find a bed when you visit any korean family next time. It is said to be good for their health by sleeping on the floor..

Beautiful scenery from the north side of Korea
I went to this island called the Jeju island ( an island which is formed from an volcano eruption ). This place is totally different from the bustling city. People here move with a much slower pace and the place is beautiful as it is near the coast and mountains.



My family where we enjoyed the trip together..

Haix.. One more week to the release of results. I didnt feel anything at first but getting the anxiety day by day. I think it is because I had a lot of hope on this term's result to pull up my GPA for me to qualify as a candidate for any exchange programme in NTU. Hmm. Hope for the best den ..

To my friends, regardless of what happen, be strong and carry on to work hard. Good luck!

- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King



|Kenneth| 5/30/2008 11:23:00 pm|

------


kenneth neo
23 going on 24
singapore,ntu
squashing, volleyball, idle, tv
single! haha

archive
guestbook
my mail
hilda
joyce
chanel
matt
suann
lejia
xiaobee

design by matchstix